Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
TopicPostedReplies
 872days ago0 Replies
 1144days ago0 Replies
 1191days ago0 Replies
 1476days ago0 Replies
 1561days ago0 Replies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Victory or Whatever Forum Index -> Sunday 10m Raid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aalorra

re: Monday night "continuation" - preliminary thoughts

All,

Thanks to everyone for the hard work in preparing for raid each week and showing up on-time (for the most part). I'm very pleased with our progress considering that we've only raided a grand total of about 18 hrs.

This post is to stir some discussion about a Monday night "continuation" run. We seem to be just running out of time slightly in order to get a shot at progressing through the current content.

Now - I know a lot of our team have spots in the 25 man run, which has been using Mondays to clean-up in weeks where they have not finished the week's progression in the regular Tue-Thu schedule. So keeping that in mind...here's an idea for Monday for your consideration.

I was thinking of using Monday as a farm raid night and keeping Sunday as our progression night. In the current scheme, one could imagine focusing on Heart of Fear and/or Terrace of Endless Spring on Sunday evening and then using Monday night to blow through Mogu'shan Vaults.

In terms of raid roster makeup, I was thinking of opening slots in the roster to raiders that are currently not able to raid consistently with either the Sunday 10 man or Tue-Thu 25 man teams for one reason or another. This is a potential solution to those with toons in the 25 man regular roster being unable to make it because of a clean-up raid scheduled at the same time.

So our "casual" raiders in the guild could have a reliable place to sign-up to raid if they weren't able to get a raid in during the week. Or recent recruit raiders that didn't make it into the 25 man raids during the week could hop in the Monday run and Nytok/Ari/myself could give PJ/Ivy/Euph our thoughts on performance/attitude.

This is just a suggestion so feel free to comment, rate, subscribe, etc. Curious to hear your thoughts!

Cheers,
P-nut
Zahyrr
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

re: Two Cents

Sounds like an excellent idea to open up those days for extra raiding. Realistically a few weeks of added raid nights would probably push progression faster, to the point of 1-2 farm night clears until the next tier.

Starting off the week with heavy progression and winding it down for clean ups sounds like the way to go.

And I know a lot of people keep themselves raid ready just in case they are needed and don't mind holding off their lockouts to help out with progression.

I personally have trouble making every raid night some weeks; but at the same time I don't mind hanging out in vent for the occasional dc / lag / pool is on fire situation; getting a saved lockout with nothing down isn't a big deal if it reduces downtime. Most of the time I'm just readings/marking ahead of due dates just so I can pop in if I'm needed.

Better guild progression always trumps personal progression! Just my two cents.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Victory or Whatever Forum Index -> Sunday 10m Raid All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: