878days ago0 Replies
 1149days ago0 Replies
 1197days ago0 Replies
 1481days ago0 Replies
 1567days ago0 Replies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pirefly

re: Heroic Sha

I am more proud of you guys than blaze and pj are.

That is all.
Blazekronic

Peejayy wrote:
Zaph1kel wrote:
ilupeejay

As disappointing as it is to not kill Sha before 5.2. Lets do ourselves a favor and look at the positives. We have come from US 350 to US top 70 in a matter of one tier. You guys made leaps and bounds of progress this tier and I commend you all for it.

I want to echo this as well. We came up just short this tier but its hard to be too sad about a tier in which your team jumps up nearly 200 spots and crushes its goal of being a US top 250 guild. I am proud of each and every one of you and the strides that we have made both as individuals and as a raid team.
Peejayy

Zaph1kel wrote:
ilupeejay

As disappointing as it is to not kill Sha before 5.2. Lets do ourselves a favor and look at the positives. We have come from US 350 to US top 70 in a matter of one tier. You guys made leaps and bounds of progress this tier and I commend you all for it. I apologize for not changing the strat sooner on Sha and I can promise you that I will do everything I can as RL to not let something like this to happen again. Keep up the good work guys.

Special thanks to everyone.
Zaph1kel

ilupeejay
Peejayy

Zaph1kel wrote:

1 add - Everyone DoTs. Boss damage is focused primarily, but throwing out incidental AoE (FoK, HB, off-DoT) for procs and for other things is ideal.

2 adds - DoTs still. Make sure to focus slows, preferably a DK Howling Blast with Chillblains, as any other DPS doing it requires far too many resources to be effective. DK goes full time here, and if help is needed, throw one Shadow Priest.

3 adds - DoTs still. Same as before, but put the rest of the Shadow Priests on. If you're having issues, throw one lock on.

4 adds - All ranged DPS and DKs minus hunters. If you're having issues, put hunters on.

5 adds - All ranged.

6 adds - Everyone but warriors.

7 adds - Everyone, and use Land Sharks for one and all 3 minute cooldowns for the other.

8 adds - Heroism for first. Second potion for the second.

9 adds - Get ready to kite. Have an oh shit situation ready where a shaman runs out with the light, gets killed, Soulstones, dies again, Ankhs, etc. You really can't effectively AoE at this point and you'll be overrun.

So what does this mean? If you're listed, you focus the adds. Otherwise, you pad but your focus is the boss.

This works as long as we can execute it. I appreciate the help and input Zaph ^-^
Zaph1kel

So, just going to post this short-handedly.

Add DPS in P2 is skewed all the wrong ways. I realize before I made a comment about how adds are dying too quickly, and it seems that was taken negatively, so I should probably restructure what I said and make comments accordingly.

I am also going to hate myself for saying this.

P2 Sha is all about pretending like you're a superstar meter whore.

You know how you always look at logs and see people doing cheesy shit to get extra numbers? That's how you approach the fight.

There are two things going wrong with adds here. Add DPS is skewed all to hell, and they're not getting slowed.

How do I mean that DPS is skewed? I mean that the general proportion of people doing damage to the adds is not efficient.

http://i.imgur.com/3SdLEOW.png

So, I realize that in a sense this is apples to oranges, but this is a DPS breakdown on adds for a WWA kill versus your longest attempt. One of things I want to point out is how low your melee are, especially the rogues and the DKs.

I'm going to say it again - DPSing the adds on this fight is about two things: efficient add damage which comes from placing the right people focusing on adds (full time DPS), and DPSing like you're trying to parse for a fight.

Adds should be something like this:

1 add - Everyone DoTs. Boss damage is focused primarily, but throwing out incidental AoE (FoK, HB, off-DoT) for procs and for other things is ideal.

2 adds - DoTs still. Make sure to focus slows, preferably a DK Howling Blast with Chillblains, as any other DPS doing it requires far too many resources to be effective. DK goes full time here, and if help is needed, throw one Shadow Priest.

3 adds - DoTs still. Same as before, but put the rest of the Shadow Priests on. If you're having issues, throw one lock on.

4 adds - All ranged DPS and DKs minus hunters. If you're having issues, put hunters on.

5 adds - All ranged.

6 adds - Everyone but warriors.

7 adds - Everyone, and use Land Sharks for one and all 3 minute cooldowns for the other.

8 adds - Heroism for first. Second potion for the second.

9 adds - Get ready to kite. Have an oh shit situation ready where a shaman runs out with the light, gets killed, Soulstones, dies again, Ankhs, etc. You really can't effectively AoE at this point and you'll be overrun.

So what does this mean? If you're listed, you focus the adds. Otherwise, you pad but your focus is the boss.

Oh, and, also, yeah. These. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=127127

You need them. I'm not kidding. 40k damage from 24 people (main tank probably shouldn't try casting one) on 7 adds plus Sha is 7.7 million damage from one GCD. Use them. It doesn't put your potion on cooldown.

Your add strat seems really haphazard at best. Especially with some of the slows.

Also, I can mention positioning, but I've talked to PJ about this. Everyone has to work around it. The boss is movable, but sometimes he comes up and does his Strike in a shitty position. Move the boss, and also if you have to, let the throwers adjust by 3-5 yards.

One more thing about positioning:

You guys are eating too much Waterspout damage, and it's completely taxing your healers. The melee cannot be crowded by ranged and healers. It makes it completely hectic for the melee to move, and there's no need to be that class. Secondly, don't stand on top of the people who are throwing the ball. They can't move, and you're forcing extra damage there.

Last edited by Zaph1kel on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zahyrr
In-Game Lowest Rank 10

re: Just a thought

I had two thoughts and I’m not too sure if they would work practically but I thought I would throw them out there.

1) Wouldn't it be more efficient to kite more adds in phase 2 like 2-3 waves, before killing them. This way they could be aoe'ed more efficiently than single targeting + extra damage from the entire raid during the few extra seconds between submerges. Mathematically it makes sense but practically I’m not too sure.

EX//Need me some chickens for dinner
Think of a 3 chickens running in circles, you could have 5 Hobbits (raiders) turn, single target and kill them, but you only need 3 to kill and the other 2 sit around wondering what to do since they are already outside (not dps'ing boss). Sure the 2 can help kill the chickens, but it won't make them deader and in the mean time they could be playing football (dps'ing boss).

But if you had 15 chickens, then the same 5 Hobbits could just start randomly shooting (AOE'ing) and they would all be dead, but in this case all the Hobbits have something to do with minimal downtime.

Only 12/15 chickens were actually harmed in this example, apparently Oob didn't have crit.

2) Kiting extra adds sub 100million is an awesome idea. But you might need a new set of 3 kiters in equidistant spacing between the original kiters. The current adds will move along straight lines to their targets, but the new adds will be moving in curved paths as their targets will be changing. Eventually you will reach a point when adds are around all 3 kiters; only way to get them moving as a group again would be use a new triangular path. Might be hard to imagine

Forum Image
Euphoric

To go along with the platform image kaelix posted, I dont know about others but that one seemd confusing as fuck maybe im just half retarded.

Forum Image
Is what Ive been using. It is essentially the same thing but combined with dbm you dont have to count the sprays since dbm plays for you. You will only have to move twice per dread spray. To the move location and then back to the starting location,.

Last edited by Euphoric on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peejayy

Sha Add Groups (comp dependant, but know the list because I might be subbing you in for one of the following people on the lists. (Backup in parenthesis)

Team 1: Yadidi (Caides)
Team 2: Yadidi, Caides (Prettynim)
Team 3: Yadidi, Caides, Prettynim, Lamp (Euph)
Team 4: Yadidi, Caides, Prettynim, Lamp, Euph, Riia (Desolve)
Team 5: Yadidi, Caides, Prettynim, Lamp, Euph, Riia, Desolve, Stewie, Paiste (Koory)
Team 6: Yadidi, Caides, Prettynim, Lamp, Euph, Riia, Desolve, Stewie, Paiste, Koory (Saw)
Team 7: EVERYONE above *AND* all cleaves + Landsharks when they are grouped under the boss. Team 7 will persist until the boss dies.

Key component. Ball throwers, Caides, Didi, Skitz. Please watch SW's kill video I'm about to link and watch how they get the adds grouped up when there are 4/5 adds. No slows until they reach the first ball target and start casting, then throwing so they are all in a group to be slowed at teh same time and aoe is super effective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gton2ywy3Kc

We will be IGNORING any adds that spawn sub 100ish million health on sha and single target burn sha. Make sure we get the adds grouped up at this point, we cannot fail because the spine damage will be out of control. ALSO. Ranged, we are no longer going to be moving in for huddles, healers spread out around the middle, and ranged spread the hell out around the outside. Think Empress, there is plenty of room to stay spread so do it, and for the love of god don't get hit by spouts.
Kaelixx

Just thought I post a few things I've come across in the two progressions on heroic sha I've been apart of so thus far.

Recap:
Setup, the Zerg: You'll want 4 tanks and 5 healers. The reason you want 4 tanks is to ENSURE that you won't accidentally wipe because one of the groups on the platform took too long, and because during this zerging you won't be leaving anyone behind on the platforms so you have the greatest possible damage on the platforms. You'll want to run the Zerg setup until you get Lei's Hope (15% haste buff) by getting to phase 2 at 66%.

On the main platform, you will focus on dodging blasts and only damaging the boss.

On the side platforms, as mentioned above, you'll want the addon "ShaOfFearAssist" or "DreadSprayVI". The first one is what I used, and it's easier to see. Basically there is one green slice of the whole pie, and if you're in it, you won't get hit by Dread Spray. There is more to this, however. The Dread Spray follows mechanics that I will try my best to explain here.

On the leftmost platform, the pie alternates between adjacent slices, 4 o'clock and 5 o'clock. This is the easiest, as you will simply strafe left and right on the platform. One the other two platforms, the pie alternates between opposite sides, 11 o'clock and 5 o'clock.

Each Dread Spray is a total of 16 shots. Halfway through this, he will change the pie to its other location- it will only ever be in two places. It doesn't change per attempt, it's literally the same two alternating spots all the time. On the platforms that are not the leftmost, you need to strafe left and run to the other pie. Never run through him, never run to the right, or you will get tagged by the spray. If you get tagged by the spray, and you do not have a passive damage reduction or a CD active and are not a tank, you will die.

One thing that helps prioritize dispels on the side platforms is setting your tank (as you are flying to the platform) on focus. If you use powerauras you can use this code:

Version:4.23; b:0; anim1:12; g:0.0588; icon:Ability_Warlock_EverlastingAffliction; buffname:Magic; begin:1; x:-124; bufftype:3; focus:true; texture:54; alpha:1; inVehicle:0; speed:0.87; sound:11; exact:true; size:0.68; y:-165; texmode:2; ismounted:0; timer.h:1.81; timer.UpdatePing:true; timer.Texture:AccidentalPresidency; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.y:-222; timer.x:-182; timer.Transparent:true; timer.ShowActivation:true

this will let you know the tank needs to be dispelled.

As for the "dancing" on the platforms, I found this image to be clear for those who are still trying to understand the dance.

Forum Image

I also suggest we use 3 of the raid makers to show where the initial "safe spot" is on each platform. You will still have 3 more for the phase 2 marking as well.

I think for now this is a lot of information, so I will leave phase 2 for a later post. [/img]
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Victory or Whatever Forum Index -> Raid All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: