Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
TopicPostedReplies
 878days ago0 Replies
 1149days ago0 Replies
 1197days ago0 Replies
 1481days ago0 Replies
 1567days ago0 Replies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Victory or Whatever Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benty_WW

re: App: Benty_WW

The application submitted by Benty_WW is as follows:

Quote:
Please provide a link to your character via wow-heroes. (NOT WOW ARMORY):
http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/Whisperwind/Bently/

Hello! Please tells us about yourself, your raid experience (old content and new ), and what Role you are applying for.:
About me: I'm a 25yr old PhD student at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville studying Evaluation, Statistics, & Measurement. I'm in my comprehensive exams semester right now, which means I will be proposing my dissertation around May with limited social life in the interim. Other than fireside chats and long walks on the beach, I'm a pretty avid runner/biker/rollerblader outside of the game and wine/cooking fanatic, among other things.

I originally said I'd be brief, but eight years is a lot to cover...

Started playing in open beta for vanilla summer '04. Raid led 20/40m in vanilla on my hunter and later pally. In BC I raided T4 with an offshoot of my vanilla guild before joining Obsolete where I raided as holy pally til T6 when they needed me to swap to my enhance shaman/ret pally. After Obso stopped in BC I joined with A9N and was with them through Muru (pre-nerf) as a ret pally which was somewhat rare for the time (30-second seals, etc.).
I offered role DK to help out tank when Obso reformed and Wrath hit, and we led the progression race through Ulduar along with Abyss. I left the country in summer of '09, and decided to move to raiding casually on a variety of characters, filling in for progression when/where needed (e.g. Lich King).
Joined RS for Cata but only as a casual because I began graduate school in '10 which absorbed a massive amount of time (actually took about half a year break from the game). Once RS folded in MoP (sensing a pattern?) I followed StealthQt to Carried as a fill-in but when they offered me a full spot on my Monk and Pally I knew it was a good window to get back into raiding. Since MoP began I've cleared 12/16H with Carried, and was part of the progression for 10 of those kills (if memory serves). Now, looking for the next challenge.

Role: as the history may suggest, I play a variety of classes/specs/roles and I'd consider myself at least competent at many, better at others (Ret, Enhance, Windwalker, among others). That said I'd be applying for a raid spot in some capacity, whatever that may be.

Please provide a screenshot of your UI while IN COMBAT. *Healers please provide an additional screen shot of your custom buff/debuffs settings on your raid frames.:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fz6a08vihosqgch/WoWScrnShot_030613_134301.jpg?m

Please provide a link to recent combat logs (i.e. World of Logs).:
It is linkable from my WoW Heroes, but http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-yu7qrukgcnvme0fi/details/30/ might be representative if you pay no attention to the H-Ambershaper numbers since they are obviously inflated.

Please link a speed test (speedtest.net or similar [server: Dallas, Texas]) and tell us about your computer::
I believe WW was relocated to Chicago from Dallas, so I pinged that location for http://www.speedtest.net/result/2555338570.png

My specs are as follows:
>OS: Windows 8 Pro 64bit
>Processor: Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4/3.7GHz
>Ram: 8G
>GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Peripherals:
Dual 21" HD flatscreens
Logitech G15 (the old school version)
WoW mouse (The pre-cata version because it is far better. Crude but extremely effective)

Please tell us about your character (i.e. Spec, Stat priority, Playstyle):
Bently has been my true main since vanilla. I've played every spec extensively, but prefer ret and holy far more than Prot. For ret, I follow the standard Hit, Exp, Haste setup for secondary stats, and prefer Mastery to Crit for the last slot simply because Hand of Light if very good and the base crit we get from buffs (i.e. Inq) alone has been enough to make it my last priority.

For playstyle: Regardless of which character I am on, I only get the most out of this game if I am using every ability god (or blizzard) gave me to use.If it means a slight loss in dps to, say, throw and extra hand or heal somewhere, stun something, etc., than I enjoy it. Also, fights where I get to make use of those abilities tend to interest me far more than a patchwerk-style encounter. I was (and still am) obsessed with the "stupid mage tricks" videos back in the day, and I emulate that sort of playstyle to keep myself interested in 5ms, solo, etc. I also tend to value executing a mechanic properly over min/maxing a meter as much as I can. Beyond the fact that Ret really won't do that in the first place, I feel like staying out of fire is more important since dying is a substantially larger dps loss for the group...

Please list ALL of the current macros you feel necessary to your character.:
There is nothing interesting in my macro lineup save for this little ditty for H ambershaper:
/Target Amber Monstrosity
/Cast Reckoning
/Cast Divine Protection
/Cast Righteous Fury
/equip Ook's Hozen Slicer
/equip Steelskin, Qiang's Impervious Shield

The most I've ever gotten off a single GCD Happy. Beyond these it is the standard extra action bar use, focus interrupts, and Engineering item uses woven into my rotation spells to make it a bit easier.

We raid Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 7 to 10 server (Central). Do you have any issues with this schedule? If so, please list them.:
That is actually less of a stress than my raiding schedule with Carried which kept me up until midnight 3 nights a week.

What is the reasoning behind your profession choices? Are you willing to change them to min/max? :
I swapped from JC to smithing for this reason; however, it will be hard to make me get rid of engineering. Just being honest :)

Tell us what you are looking for in the following : Raid Team, Raid Leader, Guild, and Server.:
I approach raiding to show up, enjoy myself, do my job, and enjoy myself again. Logically approaching issues will always be more appealing to me than raging at someone just as taking an early night due to connection issues will always be more appealing than throwing our disconnected raid team at a progession boss. A RL needs to have the management qualities you'd look for in any other leader, with the added bonus of content knowledge of where we're going. As for guild/server...you're all stable, accomplished, and on Whisperwind which has been my home since day 1 of vanilla.

Tell us why you are currently looking for a new guild to call home.:
Carried stopped raiding due to scheduling issues, and I don't think I'm spent on my MoP raiding experience yet. Had nothing to do with the cohesion of the group because it was the most enjoyable bunch of people I've raided with in a very long time. I've enjoyed taking my paladin back to being something to be proud of which hasn't happened since BC.

Aside from the obvious, Tell us what you bring to the team.:
A Sha of Anger mount.

How soon would you be able to join the guild if given a spot?:
I can start whenever. I would prefer to get a day notice though so I can be sure to clear up the schedule/work ahead in my RL stuff.

Please list additional forms of Contact.:
I'll provide my cell when/if I'm accepted in whatever capacity, but via email at pbarlow1@utk.edu or you can find me on facebook if you're super interested at http://www.facebook.com/pbbarlow . I'm all over...

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Victory or Whatever Forum Index -> Recruitment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Guild Perks
Server Status
WoWProgress Rank