Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
TopicPostedReplies
 872days ago0 Replies
 1144days ago0 Replies
 1191days ago0 Replies
 1476days ago0 Replies
 1561days ago0 Replies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Victory or Whatever Forum Index -> Recruitment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arman_Kharas

re: App: Arman_Kharas

The application submitted by Arman_Kharas is as follows:

Quote:
Please provide a link to your character via wow-heroes. (NOT WOW ARMORY):
http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/Korgath/Arman/

Hello! Please tells us about yourself, your raid experience (old content and new ), and what Role you are applying for.:
I am applying for the open prot warrior position I saw on wowprogress. Briefly speaking I have raided since MC launched in vanilla. I switched to Arman as my main and tank about a month before BC launched. Apart from the contents of this patch, please find below a listing of my raid experience:
Baradin Hold 3/3
Black Temple 9/9 (pre-nerf)
The Bastion of Twilight (normal) 4/4
The Bastion of Twilight (heroic) 4/5 Blackwing Descent (normal) 6/6
Blackwing Descent (heroic) 6/6
Blackwing Lair 8/8
Dragon Soul (normal) 8/8
Dragon Soul (heroic) 8/8
The Eye of Eternity 1/1
Firelands (normal) 7/7
Firelands (heroic) 7/7
Gruul's Lair 2/2
Hyjal Summit 5/5 (pre-nerf)
Icecrown Citadel 25 HM 11/12
Icecrown Citadel 10 HM 11/12
Karazhan 12/12
Magtheridon's Lair 1/1
Molten Core 10/10
Naxxramas 25 15/15
Naxxramas 10 15/15
The Obsidian Sanctum 25 & 10 Sartharion +3
Onyxia's Lair (level 60) 1/1 Onyxia's Lair 25 1/1
Onyxia's Lair 10 1/1
The Ruby Sanctum 25 & 10 1/1
Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj 6/6
Serpentshrine Cavern 6/6 Sunwell Plateau 1/6 (pre-nerf)
Temple of Ahn'Qiraj 9/9
Tempest Keep 4/4
Throne of the Four Winds (normal) 2/2
Throne of the Four Winds (heroic) 0/2 I got to be in on three attempts for Conclave. The boss was never really on farm status.
Trial of the Crusader HM 5/5
Ulduar 25 13/14
Ulduar 10 13/14 including getting drake
Vault of Archavon 4/4
Zul'Aman (pre-4.1 reintroduction)

Please provide a screenshot of your UI while IN COMBAT. *Healers please provide an additional screen shot of your custom buff/debuffs settings on your raid frames.:
http://i.imgur.com/q7Db2dJ.jpg

Some of these keybindings are what I call "floaters". I change some of them to fit the particular fights (I don't need a macro for using an ExtraActionButton on most fights, but I may not need the keybind for something else.). I have three Safeguard and two Shield Slam keybinds and this is intentional. One of the Shield Slam keybinds is a macro that most times includes Berserker Rage and trinket usages (as well as Blood Fury when I was an Orc). The other Shield Slam keybind is straight out of the spellbook for several reasons (i.e. If I am already enraged, I will save the macroed SS to maximize Enraged damage as MT. If I am OT after a tank swap, the spellbook SS allows me to still damage but to allow the now MT to stay ahead of me on threat even with my Vengeance buff.). The three Safeguard macroes are (1) allow to activate dropping marker for Mocking Banner and Safeguard to it on secodn use of keybind (2) mouseover macro (3) Safeguard to current active target. My Charge keybind is also macroed to Pummel since both spells have a ranged component before being available.

Please provide a link to recent combat logs (i.e. World of Logs).:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-sdvb269ov5j3gzwg/

Please link a speed test (speedtest.net or similar [server: Dallas, Texas]) and tell us about your computer::
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2558589516.png

I built my computer during the tail end of BoT/BWD. The only lag issue I have had this tier was on heroic Elegon during the last phase. I had an out-of-date video card driver which apparently was causing at least some of the lag issue considering I have not experienced the issue recently.

Please tell us about your character (i.e. Spec, Stat priority, Playstyle):
The theory around how I prioritize is from Theck's sims (http://sacredduty.net/2013/02/28/patch-5-2-tankadin-smoothness-simulations/). Basically, I am trying to eliminate as many spike damage events as I can by capping hit and expertise. I tried pushing mastery like in Cata at the beginning of MoP and while I like the higher rage intake from crit blocking, fights that required Shield Barrier left me woefully underperforming due to serious rage droughts. So hit (7.5%)=expertise (15%) >mastery>stamina>parry>dodge.

My playstyle obviously does not exist in a vacuum without other players unlike a lot of DPS specs. Outside cooldowns affect whether or not I need to use Rallying Cry and/or Demo Banner if the raid is taking damage and nothing is available to be used or nothing is used quickly. Shield Slam and Revenge are obviously my primary rage generators, but I still have things like Shouts, Berserker Rage, Charge and critical blocks (RNG, but still there) that I can "count" on to generate additional rage to do Shattering Throw during Heroism/Time Warp/Bloodlust, etc. I prefer to use Last Stand as a reactive ability to dropping below 35% hp, but I will use it proactively if it is the only I have left for a spike damage event. Shield Wall is used for events like Dread Thrash on Sha and Shadowy Attacks on Gara'jal.

Please list ALL of the current macros you feel necessary to your character.:
I don't feel macroes are necessary, but they can make certain things much easier (same as any addon). I have listed some macroes I use under the UI question.

We raid Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 7 to 10 server (Central). Do you have any issues with this schedule? If so, please list them.:
I have no issues and do not foresee any issues in the future.

What is the reasoning behind your profession choices? Are you willing to change them to min/max? :
BS/LW is currently the best min/max for tanks right now IMO. BS gives the two extra sockets and the bracer enchants (Sta for "normal" fights, Str for avoidance fights if they really exist this expansion) are much better for the bracer enchants you can get from Enchanting right now. If I need to change in the future, I will change int he future.

Tell us what you are looking for in the following : Raid Team, Raid Leader, Guild, and Server.:
Raid Team: I am looking for people who are not a bunch of assholes. I get enough of that with the type of people I work with and want a break from it when I play a game at night. I've run into this personality of player too much recently and simply don't enjoy playing with people who are this way all the time and I feel it affects the ability to play proficiently over the course of time.

Raid Leader: I like a RL who communicates clearly whether it be for the night's goal(s), the week's goal(s) or just the next pull's goal(s). If that person goes "Arman, your class sucks for this fight so I am sitting you until we get our first kill. I'll get you in next kill." I'm fine with that. I just won't sit around for weeks wondering what the hell is going on.

Guild: Pretty much my feelings here are the same as Raid Team.

Server: I just don't want to be on an abandoned, laggy server.

Tell us why you are currently looking for a new guild to call home.:
I still want to raid in 25-man and not 10 for one thing. Secondly, I am sick of the constant bitching, moaning and sniping on Vent during attempts in my current guild. It makes it hard to hear calls or make calls. Third, the way my current guild does things just makes me not to want to play anymore.

Aside from the obvious, Tell us what you bring to the team.:
First, I bring a lot of raiding experience. Second, I research ways of improving my play of my class/spec for fights by looking through logs of not only myself, but of other tanks in other guilds. Third, as long as you are clear on what you want me to do, I know how to do it as a prot warrior and I will tell you if a certain thing might cause me problems and why.

How soon would you be able to join the guild if given a spot?:
Immediately.

Please list additional forms of Contact.:
Arman#1363

I'll be in contact with you in game.
Arman_Kharas

I'll be on Saturday (pretty much all) night for sure. FYI I might be alt hopping a bunch.

I'll try again tonight after you get done with raiding or tomorrow during the day since we haven't been linking up.

Still trying to contact in-game.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Guild Perks
Server Status
WoWProgress Rank